Consultant Anaesthetist | BSc, MBBS, FANZCA
Dr Effeney is a consultant anaesthetist with interests in anaesthesia for joint replacement surgery, regional anaesthesia, difficult airway management, and obstetric anaesthesia.
He is a member of the Regional Anaesthesia, Difficult Airway, and Obstetric special interest groups of the Australian & New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (ANZCA). He participates in the ANZCA Continuing Medical Education (CME) program, and is a member of the Australian Society of Anaesthetists (ASA).
Dr Effeney works as a Visiting Specialist at The Alfred and The Women’s Hospitals. He conducts regular teaching sessions for anaesthetic registrars at both institutions. He is involved in protocol design and equipment selection for difficult airway management at The Women’s Hospital. Dr Effeney has spoken on the subject of difficult airway management at major educational meetings.
Dr Effeney is happily married and has two young daughters. He is a keen cyclist and supporter of the Melbourne Rebels rugby team (Think ‘Richmond Supporter’ and you’ll get the idea).
- BSc – The University of Queensland
- MBBS – The University of Queensland
- FANZCA – Australian & New Zealand College of Anaesthetists
Major Speaking Engagements
- Adult Epiglottitis – Difficult Airway SIG Meeting – Lorne 2010
- Video Laryngoscopes in Obstetric Practice – ASA National Scientific Congress – Sydney 2011