Your First Consultation
Once you have a referral letter from your doctor, you can telephone
9928 6161 to make an appointment at one of our consulting clinics.
What to bring
- referral letter from a registered doctor.
- relevant x-rays, MRI scans or CT scans
- any information relevant to your medical history, such as:
- current medication,
- any ongoing medical problems.
- Patient Portal
- We will email a link to our patient portal so that you can complete it at home.
- Many orthopaedic conditions are investigated with an MRI. If your referring doctor has recommended an MRI or you have either CAM impingement, labral tears or groin / hip pain that needs investigation, please let us know and we can organise for you to have an MRI before the first consultation.
When to arrive
It is best to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment, so that we can complete your registration
Specialist Orthopaedic Surgery Clinic – East Melbourne
St. Francis Building
166 Gipps St, East Melbourne, VIC 3002
Paid carparking is available at St Vincent’s Private Hospital East Melbourne Car Park
102 Grey Street, East Melbourne (across the road from the hospital)
Car Park is open from 6am – 10.30pm
Metered parking is also available in the surrounding streets. It is best NOT to park in a 1/2 hour meter.
From Jolimont Station, walk along Clarendon Street to East Melbourne, or disembark at Parliament Station and walk through the Fitzroy Gardens.
48: North Balwyn trams and 75: Vermont South trams travel along Wellington Parade
109: Box Hill trams and 24: North Balwyn trams travel along Victoria Parade.
St Vincent’s Private Hospital – Werribee
240 Hoppers Lane
Werribee VIC 3030
Car Parking is Situated on-site and can be entered off
Western Health – Footscray and Williamstown Hospitals (public)
Professor Phong Tran is committed to providing the highest standard of care for patients without private insurance.
Your GP can refer you to see Professor Phong Tran by referring to the Western Health Orthopaedic Outpatients.
Travelling a long distance?
Subsidy for travel and accommodation
If you are a country or interstate resident, you may be eligible for financial assistance with travel and accommodation.